Sunday, April 17, 2016

Me and My Harvey McGee











Hi Everyone, 

I want to introduce you to a friend of mine, he's a very cool dude. His name is Harvey McGee. And when I first met him , I immediately thought of this song sung by the most incomparable Janis Joplin. If you substitute the word Harvey for Bobby, and sing along to the lyrics , it describes my Harvey to a tee. Now Harvey is a free spirit. He doesn't belong to or live with any humans, yet he interacts daily with them. He is an amazing panhandler. This photo was taken at his favorite panhandling spot,right in front of a McDonald's . Now of course he doesn't get money, nor does he need it , or care about it. But give him some left over fries, a hunk of a soggy bun drenched in a packet of McDonald's tartar sauce, and even better if he gets lucky --a piece of  fish fillet sandwich chucked right at him. In his mind, what could be better than that?

Best thing about Harvey as I said he's a free spirit, he's as free as they come. He's taught me a lot of about survival, and about preparation for survival,  not that I would ever need to , but just in case, he wants me to be prepared. He's into that whole  survivalism thing , he has some sort of an apocalyptic vision of humans blowing up the whole world which probably really isn't too far from the truth considering what's going on in the world today. Humans, humph.  I think he's picked it up from listening to some of these radio talk show fanatics who talk about filling up their basements with bottled water and canned food, and beef jerky  for the time when it happens. Not if , mind you but when. He's totally convinced it's going to happen,maybe not in my lifetime or his, but definitely sometime in the near future.  He tells me repeatedly that I should not be so wholly dependent on a human, and that if something should happen to my human,and because of and in spite of my experience with shelter life, he does not want me to ever have to go back to that type of life again. He thinks that  hanging out with him in front of McDonald's would be way better than a shelter.He may have a point there, but I don't think it will ever come to that. I'm pretty content where I'm at but Harvey says, life is always full of change, and in that sense he's a true Buddhist.He knows the ebbs and tides of life, and that nothing is permanent, no matter how much we may wish it so.

I gotta make it short today. D has been procrastinating again with her novel, and asked me to wait to post today until after she has at least worked a couple of hours on her book. She's in the editing stage right now, and seems to be very bogged down with the whole affair. And we share a laptop, so I said I would wait until she was finished.  But then she started futzing around, and having  a couple of cups of coffee, so I asked if I could use the laptop first, and she said okay, but now all of a sudden she's giving  me that tick -tock motion thing humans do with their finger tapping on the opposite hand's finger, and making this really annoying tapping sound with her tongue against her teeth. So I gotta go, I mean she does pay the rent, although I feel like I do contribute in my own way with my gracious company and all of that, but I do feel some pressure to earn my keep,-- it's kind of a passive-aggressive  thing going on with her and that whole money issue thing. So to get her off my back I'm hoping this blogging thing might lead to some stream of income, although I don't know quite how's and what's at this point. So I'll finish up here,and be on my way, so she can start her writing, although I know she'll find some other way to procrastinate some more. Now she has me as a good excuse saying that I am on the computer so much, taking time away from her completing her novel. Which by the way, she's already  spent four years working on, and God knows when she will be finally done. And to boot, I write so much faster than she does, even considering that as I have said previously it's no easy task for me with paws and all. They haven't come up with a cat friendly computer as of yet. 

So  until tomorrow, then. Tomorrow I want to talk to you guys about my idea of becoming the first plus-sized feline model. I think I might have something going on with that , if I can bring it to fruition. Now that could bring about bokoo bucks.   And BTW, hope you all enjoy the Janis tune. Janis, wow, she was some firecracker, alright, too bad she burnt her fuse so fast. In that way she was more like us cats than a human. She didn't need to stick around until the bitter end, although she did skedaddle way too early.  

Xoxo, 

Coco











No comments:

Post a Comment