Thursday, April 14, 2016

Hello, it's me again.



Hello Everyone,

Well, well, well. It seems like forever since I've been on here last, but my my brain has been dancing in circles the whole time. I don't know even where to begin. But first I'd like to show you a photo that D. took of me last night. I find it quite charming. You'll have to scroll down to the end of the post to see, or if you like, it's worth the wait  Well, I am a bit of a diva, and I do like to dress up from time to time. Not costumes, mind you, like those dreadful Halloween costumes, that some humans who like to them of themselves as feline owners, dress their poor unsuspecting felines in. They are simply the most hideous unflattering, miserably uncomfortable outfits, never intended for a kitty to step a paw into, but humans, oh they so like to be amused by their feline friends. But it is oh so wrong on so many levels. We Felines can never be owned, nor have we ever been or ever will be. However there is nothing wrong with a little embellishment, such as a necklace , a head ribbon or a scarf all to my liking and not uncomfortable in the least. I look dignified, ladylike, and I even pick out my own accessories. So that is a cat of a different color, if I may borrow a cliche normally reserved for another species. 


My story is somewhat lengthy so I will give a brief synopsis, and get into further detail as I create my daily installments. I was once a  regular house cat belonging to a family of sorts, but after that my recollection of what happens lapses off into the nether regions for me. I somehow was abandoned by them, whether intentionally or not, it made me bear ill will towards humans.  I  harbored a great deal of anger about my situation .. I wound up in a shelter, essentially homeless. A dreadful situation for a cat of my bearing to be in. Actually , a dreadful situation for any cat, to find oneself in, regardless of bearing. It is a humiliating, demeaning, and catastrophic situation to find one's self in. 

However there is a light at the end of the tunnel. My story is about how things eventually turned around even though only a short year and half ago in human time, and something like ten years in my time, things were just a mess. I was at my wits end and looking for a way to end my life. Euthanasia was on the table at any rate, if I didn't find a "forever home" as they would say cheerfully to those of us that were unlikely to find a home, let alone a "forever home." Oh you'll find someone who will love you , and take you home. Your forever home. Not!!! Let's face the facts. I wasn't a spring chicken or kitty, again forgive my cross species metaphors, and I was extremely obese through no fault of my own. A terrible diet and no exercise, what's a girl to do? So I would chase away my sorrows at the kibble bar. Even in the shelter there was plenty of that dry tasteless stuff to munch on. My options were limited. And on top of being old and overweight, my disposition changed drastically. I became mean and scary. No one liked me much. I had nothing to look forward to except for the needle, and at one point it seemed like the best option. I actually was looking forward to it, but then things started to turn around. 


 Adieu, my friends. And with loving wishes as always. 

Xoxo, Coco

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing your next outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I see my comment has been removed!
    Por que?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It says the comment has been removed by the author. You are the author of the post , so maybe you removed it accidentally.

    ReplyDelete